Monday, April 5, 2010

Reconnecting With My Mates




I haven't been posting anything up lately because I had assignemnts last week, and then this weekend was the easter long holiday break. It was a week long of reconnecting with my high school mates... It was certainly fun :)

I spent a year of highschool here in Aussie-land, and during that year here I made a few close friends. But due to the fact that everyone went to different corners of Australia for our studies... we sorta got split up. Now somehow, when they have graduated... They've all ended back up here in Melbourne again to work, so yea... we've been reconnecting over the past few weeks... particularly over this easter break.

Last Friday was Good Friday, and so most of the shops in the city were closed. Four of us old high school mates met up and were going to drive in the direction one of the island along the coast line and find a lunch spot... but guess what, we ended up actually driving to the island itself. Its called Phillip Island... and if you ever visit Melbourne as a tourist, its actually the island that visitors go to see the lil penguins. Mind you, because it was a holiday spot... It was infested with holiday goers... and we were sorta caught up in the traffic going into the island. The beaches there was great, and the surfers and sun bathers there were hot... ahaha... All in all it was a good Good Friday.



Today on the other hand, we drove up the mountain ranges for pies and tea. The pies were very good... but the queue was absolutely horrendous, once again due to all the holiday goers migrating up the ranges for the Easter Monday public holiday. We had to wait quite a while to get a table at the pie shop, and also had to put our names down at the tea house and returned after two hours for the scones. The pies were very traditional and yummy, and the scones with the tea were averagely okay... But the jam and clotted cream that came with the scones were magnificiently exquisite. It was VERY VERY good jam :)

After that we went to one of the mountain's national parks and took a hike down the trail there. It was kinda funny, coz I was in a tank top and my friend was in a casual tee with skinny jeans... So just the both of us were walking together down the hiking trail (the others bailed out of the trip at the last minute). To comment the least... we were quite gay, LoL. But my friend was straight, with a girlfriend that was out of town... Anyway, we sorta got quite a few stares by folks when we were talking, walking and laughing together at the trail. Very funny... I'm sure some of the other trail hikers there thought we were a gay couple. We were not, and if any of you are wondering, no he isn't my type at all.

Well it was a good break to go out of the city, and it was all made possible because my friend had his own car. I wish I had my own car, coz then I'd be out of the city and visiting these places of nature more often. However public transport to these places aren't very reliable, and that's why I don't go out of the city that much, even during the holidays.

Happy Easter everyone!

Signing out.

7 comments:

  1. Heya! :D saw that you became a follower of PS I love you. Thanks ya! :D

    would love to visit Aussieland sometime. :D then u could bring me to Philip's place. lOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penguins are sooooo cute. And the sounds they make. Too bad photography is not allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could see you enjoyed urself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah so nice. I miss the countryside there. Still remembered the thrill of eating loads of ice cream in Philip Island with the Antartic winds blowing into my face.

    Glad you had a good time. ^_^
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Clayden, ur welcome to come over anytime :)

    Yupz, the penguins are cute... although i didnt see them this trip, coz they only come out when its darker...

    I did Takashi, haha it was good fun.

    Ant, you should come back to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the penguins are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. been to philip island two yrs back while i'm tourist and the funny part is when i'm at here as student, i didn't go there on the easter break. Damn maybe should go there again when there is another holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Findings