Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Do I Know You?



Every time someone I know forgets my name, I die a little. It could be someone I know from the club, from gym or from some party… but when I say hi to them elsewhere and they say, ‘Do I know you?’ I die a little.

Even when I can name them and they acknowledge that that is indeed their name, but when they still can’t identify me, I die a little more.

And when I can name where I have met them and they acknowledge that they were indeed there, but reply, ‘Don’t remember you there though’, I die yet a little more.

Its situations like this that makes one feel insignificant, almost invisible. You go to the trouble to introduce yourself , and even make an effort to remember some stranger’s name, yet this ungrateful ‘acquaintance’ just forgets your very existence by nonchalantly saying, ‘Do I know you?’



Grr...! the next time you don’t intend to remember my name, please for fucks sake don’t fucking ask for it.

And trust me, you won’t see me introducing myself to anyone if they don’t ask me… coz I’ve reached the stage where I really can’t be bothered anymore.

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. aiyoryor.. i give you mentos.. cool down!! i call you lucas ok mou?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolx, i always try to pretend i rmb them then desperately try to get away. is not them, its me. I find it hard to rmb names but i do remember their faces. =p

    btw, mind exchanging links?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea tuls :) but u dont get extra points... coz my name is on the right of the webpage... but thanks for the mentos...

    Yea Vince, sure I added ur blog url :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Lucas ryte:D..i think ur blog is so awesome and ive read, well not every single of it cuz theres too many but i really love all ur posts:)..neway, thats all i have to say for now, keep up the good work:D

    Nasrul XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Findings