Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Branded Mania

Hey everyone, first post on the 11th on 2011 ! Today is 11/1/11 an auspicious day for me to start my first blog post of the year!

One of my friend once said you must not wear something like ‘that’ to a club, it looks cheap… and nobody likes a cheap dude. By that, he meant a simple Giordano shirt. I was like, are you serious?

Why issit that gay people are so brand conscious? I once asked a straight friend carrying a Gucci wallet, with an LV key chain and a Zegna sunnies, are you sure you’re not gay? He then came out to me a few months later.

Did some thinking as usual, and I suppose people are attracted to branded goods because it emits a type of aura. A guy wearing something so expensive must be more classy and refined than a guy wearing a cheap twenty dollar shirt right?

But what if I can’t afford the expensive shirt and starved myself by eating instant noodles everyday just so I can save up for that Armani shirt and wear it to the club? Sure on the surface other people will see me as the classy branded dude coz of my awesome Armani shirt, but on the inside I could be the very same dude that abused my own body by eating cheap unhealthy food just so I can spend my money on an expensive shirt. Still classy meh? Still think I’m sexy knowing I did that just to don an Armani shirt?

Honestly this sort of exterior ‘wrapping’ doesn’t only limit itself to clubs, try walking into one of the branded stores in the city, if you’re in Melbourne- Collins Street; in Malaysia- Pavillion or KLCC. If you’re not wearing anything branded, those saIes assistants won’t even look at you, let alone help you if you want to buy anything. I mean sure I may not be able to afford anything in there now, but I still am a potential customer, in the future I may be able to afford it… right? LoL. Can’t you be a little more friendly to me? Seriously, you don’t even own the shop you work in… you’re only working there, as a customer service personnel, I’m sure it can’t hurt to be more friendly.

I mean, I could be poor as I’m not wearing anything branded walking into your store, but maybe I saved up by eating instant noodles for the past three months so I can by something from your branded store, now you don’t wanna serve me? LoL

I am gay, and I ADMIT I LOVE branded stuff too, but I like to think I don’t go overboard with my craziness of branded goodness.

Ahahah, I can already hear some of you folks screaming in front of the screen saying you don’t buy branded goods because they make you look rich and classy but because they are better in fitting and quality. Yes… that is something I can’t argue with, I’m sure if you paid sooo much more for it, it must be of better quality right? The last time I checked, branded stuff were also made in China… LoL. But to look down on another guy just coz he is wearing a cheap shirt… that’s not very nice… I mean he could be very good in bed despite not wearing a branded skinny jeans… right? Wahahaha
Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. i go for the style and colour!! there is this one particular shop in jonker street where they sell nice tight fitting tops with abstract designs.. and its only rm25 each!! omgucci!! its damn awesome.. i adopt the whatever attitude, as long as i feel nice and alright, i dont care whatever people say about me.. no stress no sweat.. so.. yea.. whatever!! hahahahahaha... if they look down on you just because of what you wear then bye bye.. be it old friend, new friend, go die!! wahahahhaahahha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "lucas likes tuls' comment" [insert thumbs up icon]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there are plenty of straight boys who are brand whores... those who can afford it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll let you in on a secret. I like what I can afford and pretend to dislike what I can't. Hahahah.

    But hey, some of my favourite tees are five dollars from T-bar and I treat them like they're gold.
    =)

    ReplyDelete

Findings