Friday, February 18, 2011

The Home Walls


My other big reason for staying abroad is obviously my sexuality. I do want to live closer to my parents as I am very close to them. But sometimes I find it very hard to live under the same roof with them, particularly with their conservative thoughts.

And being gay is obviously that much harder, if and I say IF, I have a boyfriend… I most certainly can’t bring him home.

Say if I could afford my own place close to my parents’ home, then that would be the most ideal situation, so that I can frequently visit them while still maintaining my own privacy when I need it.

I am certainly in no position to buy my own house yet, and there is no reason for my parents to chip in to buy me a place just so that I can move out.

why you wanna move out when you can stay at home?
why waste money to buy a new place when staying at home saves you so much?

And I’m sure if I mention renting…

staying at home is so confortable, why waste money and rent just to stay with strangers… FAMILY is always the best

So all I can really do is to save up and maybe buy my own place in the future. Frankly speaking… the starting wages in Malaysia puts me in no position to even consider buying a house… let alone getting one in the PJ area… in which I understand is very pricey at the moment. Not to mention I must also consider getting the house in a good neighbourhood with a good security guard system… LoL

Hence working overseas with a slightly higher wage, coupled with a strong foreign currency will give me much more options when I decide whether or not to settle back down in Malaysia. And if my parents don't intend to migrate with me, then I'll have to come back (to answer Will's question), as I don't wanna leave my parents alone in their old age.

A lot of people tell me that once I’ve stayed overseas a few years, I won’t want to come back anymore. That is not true, because as a Malaysian I think we are very good at adapting. Even after being abroad for six years, I’m still proud to be a Malaysian, and would gladly move back if not for all these obstacles.

Signing out.

3 comments:

  1. You are most correct!
    The 1st few years of working life should be the years of working hard and saving lots, to pave the way for comfortable living later. Sadly, this is not what is happening to most who prefer to indulge in the spending pleasures ie fine dining (when pay is only RM1K plus) and BKK BKK BKK!
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always tell myself if i have enuf money i will buy a house, still a long way to go~ should buy a piggy bank for tat. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you do is get your own place but rent out a room. Call it an investment.

    ReplyDelete

Findings