Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gradually Graduate





The weekend was a very life changing moment for me. The two things that was life changing were me attending my housemate’s graduation ceremony and me coming out to another of my close straight friends.

For someone like me who is ultimately very straight acting… coming out to a close friend is a very big issue and achievement. Actually I didn’t choose to tell her just yet, but because of certain event, she already stated guessing that I was gay. So rather than have her gossip with other people about my sexuality with other people to confirm her suspicions, I just came out to her ‘officially. I also asked her not to discuss this with anyone else anymore because at the end of the day, coming out should be my decision to make, and no one else.

There are some people in my life that are important to me, and if I feel that coming out to them would jeopardise my relationship with them… then for now I wont come out to them, I’d much rather (at this point in time) lie to them about my sexuality and stay as close friends, rather than come clean and lose them as friends all together. LoL, I know in some sense… its kinda masochistic to be painfully lying to myself.

Attending my housemate’s graduation was also life changing because he is actually doing the same course as I am, but because of certain circumstance, I graduate a year later. So at that ceremony, I not only say my housemate graduate, but also a lot of other former classmates of mine graduate. It was a very happy and positive event, especially with all the friends and family attending the event to support the graduates.



I realise in a years time this is what I really want for myself, and at my current state of educational mind, I’m not sure I can do it. I am a bit back in my studies… so after attending that graduation, I have decided that I am going to try much harder at my studies and achieve what so many of my friends have already done. GRADUATE!

Signing out.

6 comments:

  1. Graduate and join the School of Hard Knocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same aim here - graduate!




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Achieve what they already have done, Then how would you stand out? Dream big and Aim for something no man has achieved before! Am sure you can Where there's a will there's a way. All the best!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yea Will... even after graduating... I'll still have a lot of hardships to endure and to learn from... but at least by graduating, I would have achieved something :)

    Good luck Jino! Lets do it together!!!

    Takashi... I'm not as crazy about combat as u are... and I doubt I have that sorta physical fitness.

    Yea Xander, I should aim to do what no man has done before... but in order to that, I must firstly have done what other have achieved... then from there, I can spring off and achieve greater heights. Thanks for the wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know you're dealing well with life! ^_^
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete

Findings