Monday, March 22, 2010

'Profiles' Eulogy


Previously I talked about becoming more engaged and focussed on my studies. So to actually prove to myself that I am indeed committed to that mind set, I’ve decided to remove all my current online profiles. That means I’m removing them from Gaydar, Fridae and Axcest. Although Axcest is a little but tricky, cant seem to delete the profile so I’ve just removed all personal information about me and made it a blank profile.

I originally have hoped that from these profile I would have been able to find my other half… since I never had an actual girlfriend in secondary school, I always had this fantasy that I would find a boyfriend in uni, and we could have lunch together in uni, study at the library together and attend uni events together. But alas, I think my fantasy would have to remain just that – a fantasy.

No uni sweetheart for me (in my mind a uni sweetheart is like a high school sweetheart), and since this is my final year in uni, that means that there is no chance of me ever finding my uni sweetheart. But that’s okay I guess, because at this point in life, I have to get my priorities right… especially since its my final year, my studies should most certainly come first, not love nor lust.

Some people claim that having a boy/girlfriend while studying can be very motivating and will help increase your grades in school; others say that being in a relationship while studying is like having a second job, and will surely pull your grades down. I suppose now I would never know the answer to that question.

Over the course of this year, if I do meet someone very chemically compatible with me, I wouldn’t say no to a relationship, but by removing my online profiles… the chances of me meeting more people is slim. And to be honest that’s okay for now, because as I said, I need to get my priorities right.

And right now, the right thing to do is to focus on enriching my mind with my studies, and not my penis… LoL. So bye bye profiles and GO GO STUDIES!

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. Lol Will... I guess I wasnt thinking when I typed that... maybe by putting in into something :P

    Leu! yea that's the plan... hope it sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is like a butterfly,the more u try,the further it flies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can leave the profile and study at the same time...




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete

Findings