Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Common Gay Asian Predicament

I have very much enjoyed the local food here so far since my trip back, and the weather hasn’t been too bad as well. The one thing I find very difficult to deal with is my mom. She has been bringing up one subject time and again over the past few days…

“Why don’t you have a girlfriend yet?”

“Do you mean to say you cant find a good girl over in Melbourne?”

This trip back in particular, my mom has been trying to pry in to the fact that I still don’t have a girlfriend. I’m starting to think that she really feels I am gay, and that she is now trying to pressure me into getting a girlfriend by her incessant asking.

In the past there was a time when she saw stuff on my computer that may have prompted her to guess my sexuality, but I thought that has blown over and that she has already forgotten about that. Now more so than ever, with her constant questioning about my single-ness, I think she has yet to forget that incident where she saw a few ‘guy’ pictures on my computer. (very mild ones)

Frankly I have a lot of trouble dealing with this particular question of hers. All I can answer her for now is that no girl finds me attractive, and also that I want to concentrate on my last year and have no time for a girlfriend. This is in part true... if you apply it to a boy, because so far I haven't attracted any guy attention nor am I actually actively looking for one... for now... if it comes it comes...




Hopefully in the future when my mom is ready for it, and when I'm ready for it, I can tell her the truth that I'm looking for a bf, not a gf




If my mom still persistently question me over the next few days on this issue, then I think I’m gonna have to pull the sympathy card on her. I sorta have it all planned out… If she still asks me about a girlfriend, I might answer her,

“mom, can you not keep asking me about a girlfriend? I have been trying all semester to get one, and still cant find one, so I’m already quite dejected about the girlfriend issue… so can you please stop asking me about it so that I don’t feel miserable?”

So it might work if I hint to her that I was rejected by a girl and am quite depressed on the whole girlfriend issue… that way she might drop the issue if I’m lucky.




Signing out.

10 comments:

  1. i think using study is a better excuse, for now.. because like ur in ur final sem and totally dont wanna flunk it because of this thingy..

    haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're planning to throw a little white lie, why not do what I do...

    Whenever my relatives ask, especially the aunties, I'd say, "Actually, I was dating someone from my uni for a while but it didn't work out so we broke up two weeks ago."

    They'll usually be sensitive enough to not bring up the gf question till at least the next time you're back again. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Da picha is from Eating Out. They are so HAWT... Ahem... Yer mum ish so fuhney~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this issue can be settled amicably.... but if u wanna come out, perhaps wait till a good moment first...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Takashi... but so many of my study friends already have gfs... and my mum sorta knows that...

    Yea Evann... I plan to do something like that.

    I know Will... but it is unavoidable...

    Haha yea Bbear, cool and cute yea? And no... mummy is not funny from my point of view.

    Yea Pikey, now is certainly not the time... maybe some time in the future, but surely not this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short reply than Evann's ~ "I just broke up!" That'll do nicely ;)
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your mum is so aggressive even during your study time....yes, like William said, delaying the inevitable with all sorts of workable excuses. You are still young, can still have lotsa excuses. If you pass age 30+, then it's harder. Good luck Lucas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea... probably Anton...

    No Vir W... I cant... she's not ready for it.

    Yupz Sky... just hang on to the excuses for now I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Findings