Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You Have 1 New Break Up Message(s) Received


Is there really such a thing as an un-messy break up? I presume all break ups are the same, it would most probably be very miserable for one or both sides of the break up. Personally I’ve never encountered any huge break ups, simply because I was never ever in a particularly deep relationship. So I guess I’m certainly no expert in this matter, but I’d like to talk a lil about it anyway.

Recently my friend, or should I say friends, since I know both sides of the party, got into a rather messy break up. One side isn’t sure about the decision, and the other side is totally devastated by the break up; factor in the fact that it was a LDR… lol very messy. In my opinion, the break up was made messier than usual because it wasn’t done in a proper manner; it was all ended with a single sms.

I’m of the school of thought that if you want to end something, it shouldn’t be done in such a nonchalant manner as an sms. It should be done face to face if possible, or at the very least through a phone call. But I suppose ending a relationship is a very difficult thing to do, and doing it face-to-face is certainly no easy task. But for goodness sake, don’t end it with a single sms. Its just too short, brief and incomplete. It kinda makes the whole relationship seem… meaningless and irrelevant.

To both my friends involved in the break up, I wish you guys the best of luck and all the strength and courage to get through it. And FFS call him to end it properly.

Signing out.

6 comments:

  1. You can even divorce your wife with an SMS. :S

    Anyway, I also agree that one should have the courtesy to end things 'properly'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in 'great start' and 'amicable ending'...a sms to break up show that the party don't respect the relationship at all...wei, we are all human lah...not sms server!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B'gosh, sms-breakup? That's green...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different strokes for different folks
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember my break ups very well. non stop crying but i am glad everything ends well for good. good luck to your friends.




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah Will... getting a divorce on an sms is really harsh.

    Yea SHawk, thats absolutely right.

    Evann! Omg Green... I havent heard anyone use that word in that way for a long time!

    Haha Ant! I think I know what sort of strokes you would like :P

    Ohh Jino, yea... it is a very sad situation, and I wish them the best too.

    ReplyDelete

Findings