Thursday, May 27, 2010

Movie: A Single Man




I recently hooked up with a friend to watch a gay movie at a small cinema here in Melby, the movie was A Single Man. Its overall a pretty artsy pansy movie and starred the actor that played the gay dad in Mamma Mia.

Anyway, the movie revolved around a gay man dealing with the death of his gay partner, with him contemplating ending his life, and with life tempting him with all the pleasures available to him if he were to remain alive.

There is some eye candy here, but certainly no frontal nude scenes. I'd recommend watching it if you were either gay or very into artsy pansy movies. Otherwise its probably safe to give this a skip. But then again... I'm not very into artsy pansy movies... I actually didn't like Benjamin Button, so maybe I'm a lil biased against these type of my-so-called artsy pansy movies.

The theme and character was very well developed, but I personally felt the plot held not much significance. With that said, I like how the film is able to portray a gay man like any other heteroman dealing with the grieving and loss of a beloved partner. We need more shows that tell the world gays and lesbians are just like any other person, that we are just normal human beings that happen to be attracted to our own gender.



Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. The BF asked me to copy this movie from his HDD. I scrolled up and down and decided not to! Looks boring. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder which cinema you went too..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm...

    I am kinda interested... :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Will... I guess as a gay guy, you should take a look :) Its not really that bad...

    Lol mister stallion, ask me the next time I see you.

    Bbear! haha, watch it then tell me what you think... you maybe more into artsy movies than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can be a good movie to show my mum...




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete

Findings