Sunday, May 16, 2010

We Want More Money!!!



I have been joining the gym here in aussieland and apart from the cardio and weight trainings, I have actively participated in their group exercise (GX) classes. The three classes I enjoy doing are Bodypump, Bodycombat and RPM. And apparently there has been a new development with GX classes, and that is the Aussie music regulators wants to charge the gyms more money for using original music in the GX classes.



The regulator here is the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA), and they want gyms to pay 4000% more for playing original music… this is after the PPCA targeting night clubs and dance parties by increasing their fees by 1000% and 3000% respectively.

So now the fitness clubs in Aussie and Les Mills have taken a supposedly ‘pro-active’ step to use cover mush or music from artists not registered with the PPCA. Whats cover music? Well its music that sounds alike an original track but not actually the original song by the original artist… I suppose it’s sorta something like a remix with some of the lyrics and the main rhythm in the music. And all this takes effect by the first of June.

This truly saddens me, because I wanna listen to bonjovi while doing bodypump and I wanna listen to Kelly Clarkson while riding my bike… I don’t wanna listen to a sound alike or cover music while working out… but I guess it cant be helped, as its all about the money… I sure hope this wont kill my interest with GX classes because I think these classes have really played their part in helping me and motivating me get fitter and lose weight. And I would seriously hate to lose that motivation… as then I’ll have to look elsewhere to motivate me to exercise… haha

Signing out.

1 comment:

  1. yeap.. hence all the music are now remixes.. but they still sound pretty good in class!! :)

    take me as a motivation then hehehe..!! and i hope u will join my class when u r back and thats if im teaching :)

    ReplyDelete

Findings