Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What do you see?

Got this idea from an article I read… Found it really eye opening. What does the following picture mean to you?


No it isn’t the times-table of one re-written twelve times. It actually is the number of days in any given year. Our calendars are normally in the format of months, so it gives us the feel that there is actually a lot of time in a year… but if presented this way, it kinda gives you the feeling that a year really isn’t that long after all.

And then, just to give this idea more perspective, what if I put the amount of days in a decade together, like this…



When you can actually see the days listed out in a lumped up numerical format… ten years really isn’t that long. It seems that a lot can be achieved in a ten year period, but a ten year period really is… just a glance.

Finally, averaging a lifespan of ninety years, this is how the days of an average person would look like…


I’m not sure about you guys… but since I’ve used up almost thirty percent of this table… I am a little worried. I’m worried that I haven’t found my other half, I’m worried that I haven’t done anything of significance, I’m worried that I haven’t found my relevance… and this scares me.

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. to me it looks like algorithm of the clustalw, which i failed to understand in my exam just now XD




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I apologise for bringing up a bad memory Jino...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek. Math!

    But I do know what you mean. So it's time to make every second count then! So that your calendar goes into hours instead of days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea sometimes when you sorta 'see' your whole life in a glance, life seems so much shorter and scarier. Time to double up my efforts and really start living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how 10 years is presented this way.. its been 10 years since spm.. :)

    AND my.. 10 years passed by just like tht.. and im feeling im stuck at 18.. lol..

    ReplyDelete

Findings