Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Posters For Anti-Homophobes

Today is anti-homophobia day… so in spirit of this day, there are all kinds of anti-homophobia posters plastered all over Melby, and last Saturday there was even a march for anti-homophobia, in which I can shamefully admit that I didn’t dare attend for fear of being spotted by friends. Well the march was down the main street of Melby, so the chances of me bumping into someone from uni or friends were pretty high… so I guess that’s my defence on why I didn’t go, after all… I’m not really that out yet.




Here are two posters that I particularly liked, because they portrayed to straight people how much less complicated their lives can be… Haha check out the second poster… funny eh? And honestly if the kid I adopt in the future doesn’t turn out to be gay or lesbian, then I guess in some sense I’m relieved for my child, because he or she doesn’t have to go through what I’m going through now… although the difference of course is that I’ll always give my children all the support and love that I can, even if they turn out straight.


I later googled the posters and found out that they were created by a youth group called Minus18 and they even won the Premier’s Young People’s Community Participation Award, the Premier of Victoria would be something like the menteri besar of a state. How nice if there was a ‘Tolak-Lapanbelas’ in Malaysia too eh?

Signing out.

8 comments:

  1. hi there!

    found the link to your blog from another page. interesting blog you've got here!
    u in melbourne too? :)

    and, oh, interesting posters!
    how come i haven't seen one around? ;)

    anyway, awesome blog! keep it up buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments JJ :) yea I'm in melby... those posters were taken from melby central.

    Thanks Will... I think they are thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darren!!! hullo :) and thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. malaysia antihomo country la. wont have antihomophobes. confirm.




    [Jino] - A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... hopefully the day will come when there will be antihomophobes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. heeh came across the quotes somewhere..

    ReplyDelete

Findings