Sunday, October 25, 2009

Oops I Did It Again

It’s the last four weeks of uni, and as I have mentioned before, its when all my assignments and reports are due. Last week I had two reports due on the same day, and it was very stressful. So I did it again… I accidently left my USB stick at the computer lab… AGAIN.

How did that happen? Well you see, my reports were due Thursday, and so from Sunday night till Thursday, I barely could squeeze in more than five hours of sleep a day. By Thursday morning I was operating on Zombie-mode, I actually finished and printed out my reports by five am Thursday morning, then managed to crammed in 3 hours of power sleeping… After that I headed in to uni for my nine am class and also to hand in my assignment. All the while in the lecture, I couldn’t wait to be merdeka (free) of my reports and assignments. After my nine am lecture I had one more class after that, and then I would be free to go home and sleep like the lazy bum that I am.

But… yes, there always is a but. But, while sitting in the lecture, I suddenly realised a mistake in my report, and had to go to the nearest computer lab to correct it. So like a zombie, I went to the closest computer lab I could find, which incidentally happened to be a post graduate lab. Us undergrads aren’t allowed to use those… but screw it, my assignment is of much more importance than some silly undergrad-postgrad rule. So I went in… remember I’m still operating in Zombie-mode, I plugged in my USB stick made the changes to my file, and printed out the error page. I’m not too sure about other uni’s, but at mine, we put money into our student id cards, then slot the cards into printers to have the prepaid funds deducted out when we need to print anything in uni.

Guess what? Low and behold, I did it again! But this time I out did the last time I left stuff in the computer labs. I not only left my USB stick in the computer I was using, but also my student id… T.T

And I didn’t even realise I left them there till that night, when I was shopping for groceries and realised that my student id wasn’t where it was suppose to be (in my wallet’s card compartment). So I was very depressed, coz students lose ids all the time, and they cost a whooping twenty dollars to replace. And up untill then, I didn’t even realise that my USB was not with me. I only realised that it was missing Friday morning, when I was going into uni to search for my id that I left behind.

Anyhow, if there are any Devine beings up above that governs the regulation of lost-and-found, they were really shining brightly on me. Because Friday morning, a whole 24hours later when I returned to the computer lab, my stuff were still there, sitting at the corner of the printer. Side by side, my card and USB stick were there waiting for me to come back and collect them. All I can say is thank you whomever that was kind enough to not take my stuff and left them there for me. Oh well, I should really learn from my mistakes and be less clumsy about leaving stuff behind in uni.

Signing out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You must have really good karma. Remember to spread the blessings~ :)

    ReplyDelete

Findings