Saturday, October 3, 2009

Awkward Telly Moments


Its been a long time since I updated, but I was actually a bit tied down due to the fact that my parents visited me over my second week of school break. So basically I had to play tour guide and bring them around the city. They’ve been here a couple of times before, so it wasn’t like we went to any tourist-type of destinations… but I was more a tour guide for bringing them around food and shopping.

They didn’t stay in my apartment when they were around, which was good, because I still get to have my own privacy and own space :) instead, they put up in a hotel a few blocks from my apartment, which was convenient for me to visit.

Anyway, something awkward happened when we were watching telly in their hotel room. There was this program showing called ‘GLEE’, and there was a few scenes with a gay kid and a gay teacher (separate scenes of course) in it… it was freaking awkward and weird when I was watching it with my family. And this isn’t the first time I got that awkward feeling… I got that a lot too when watching ‘Brothers & Sisters’ with my mom. Well as most of you would already know, there is a gay brother in ‘Brothers & Sisters’.



Why issit awkward? Because sometimes I think my mom sorta partially-maybe-possibly suspects that I could be probably gay. So when these scenes come on, I sometimes feel she is scrutinising my actions and reactions to see how I react to the gay scene being shown on the telly screen. And I find that situation very awkward. I wonder if anyone else feels the same awkwardness I do when watching harmless gay scenes that appear on tv with their families.

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty sure you're just thinking too much. Then again, mom knows us best. The next time it happens, why not test the water a little and casually ask her, "Hey mom, what's your opinion about gays?". You'd be surprised what she says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or if you are really shy to ask such an open question like Evann suggested, try this... OMG BROKEBACK!! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I have the same feelings like you too Lucas! It's not us that thinks too much, Evann! Yikes!...=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha u guys are hilarious...

    evann i tried that once when we were watching elton john onn tv... i said him being gay doesnt mean he doesnt make good music. all she said was that, yea he has good music, but its a pity he is gay.

    jerry brokeback? erm i dont think so... that is really pushing the extreme...

    yay simon, someone that feels the same way too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could go the other way around then. Show some signs of homophobia and see what she says... Although it would be quite scary if she starts agreeing with you. LOL! But don't sweat it out. Your mom loves you more than you know :)

    ReplyDelete

Findings