Sunday, September 26, 2010

Taxi Scam


On my way to the airport I got scammed by the taxi driver. He insisted that the toll charges from where I live into the airport was a whopping 12 dollars and made me pay for it. BIG mistake messing with me. Right after checking into my flight, I called the customer service to lodge my report.

The supervisor concurred with me that the cabbie most probably overcharged me and helped me lodged a preliminary report.The one flaw in hind sight is that I didn’t ask for a receipt, something I should have done. When I get back to Melbourne from my trip, I will have to call the taxi company and follow up with my complaint.

I am not reporting because if the extra 6 dollars he is charging me, but more so because he tried to scam me. I can imagine the numerous tourists he must have scammed because they were leaving the country and couldn’t all the taxi company to lodge a complain.

My only fear about the whole situation is that the cabbie, which was of a certain race I will not disclose in an attempt to appear not-racist, knows where I live as I ordered the cab from a phone. So if I lodge a follow-up report and he gets reprimanded for scamming me, he would know exactly where to find me, and may even attempt to get even with me by vandalising the place I live in.

But I guess it’s a matter of principal, so I’m going ahead and lodging my follow-up report when I get back to Melbourne. Its not fair that I take it up my ass and not complain about anything just because of fear.

Signing out.

4 comments:

  1. dishonest taxi drivers are everywhere eh? even in aus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! REPORT ABOUT HIM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a lump sum is agreed upon, it is inclusive of the toll charges. If they go by the meter, then you will have to pay the toll. Normally they like a lump sum payment.

    ReplyDelete

Findings