Thursday, September 16, 2010

Twenty-Seven Hours Straight

I’ve been so very busy with my studies lately, and that’s one of the reasons why I haven’t been blogging as much as I should. Being in the last year of uni naturally means that my work load is unbelievably huge, over the last weekend I only accumulated five hours of sleep from Friday morning to Monday morning. That’s more a less a hundred minutes sleep a day… All these loss sleep was because of a major assignment I had to hand in on Monday. Actually the five hours sleep was sort of a three hour sleep Friday night, and a two hour nap on Saturday night… I went for twenty-seven hours in a row without sleeping on Sunday night… LoL crazy yea? Yup, twenty-seven hours straight doesn’t mean I was straight for that period of time, it just meant I was awake for that long… but still gay of course :p

But it’s amazing how the human mind works, knowing that I had to hand in the report by 11am Monday morning, my brain just somehow sent a signal to my body telling it not to sleep. Had some coffee every now and then to keep me awake, but no more than my usual daily caffeine intake. I’m quite the coffee fanatic, I guess Evann knows this, as he visited me in Melby once and I brought him to one of my favourite coffee shops.

out of sync biological clock

Strangely I didn’t feel the need to sleep at all, and was quite energised and hyped up about completing the assignment. I don’t think even clubbing and sex could have kept me awake all night until 12pm the next day. But I did it, so I’m quite proud of myself for sticking all the way to the end and getting the job done. I guess it was some sort of survival instincts that caused me to just stay awake and hang in there till the end. The fucking assignment is worth about 35 percent of my final grade. God knows did I sleep after that long sleepless drought…



In the end my group churned out a hundred-and-sixty page report, and had to bind it at the paper shop before handing it in, this was to prevent random sheets of paper from falling out during the marking process. It’s one of the biggest report I’ve written in my life, the second biggest one being only ninety over pages.

Now I can probably take about a week off hardcore uni work as I collect data for my final year research work. This research is another subject independent of the huge group assignment I just handed in. I know the saying goes that there is no rest for the wicked, but hey I’m no witch and I sure do need a break, so I’m taking this week easy before going back into hardcore mode.

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. weekly report in UPM is only about 6 to 10 pages. Assignments normally about 40. Those hardcore that I have tried is about 140. But we did it in group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's one hell of a report!

    i can relate to this. it's amazing how the body can cope when we are forced to stay awake. maybe it's the adrenalin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Takashi!

    Yea Bbear, it was pretty hardcore... but it was a group work as well, I didn't do it all alone,

    Yup Jboy, I'm sure it was the adrenalin rush that kept me going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 160 pages wuz a huge effort. Pray you get good marks for it. ;)
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete

Findings