Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Eject The Feeling Of Rejection




Will there come a day whereby I really become desensitised from the bitter feeling of being rejected? I mean should I be looking forward to the day rejection doesn't hurt me anymore? Or should I look forward to the day I finally won't be rejected... Either way I'm certain its many more rejections before one of the two options happen.

But maybe I'm always setting up my own demise as I seek that which I should not seek. Always trying to date people out of my league isn't the way to go... is it? I guess society doesn't really approve of the below average person dating super hot people... our media certainly doesn't condone it... I mean in the movies its always pretty people pairing with pretty people... hardly pretty with ugly...
I'm always left to ponder the thought that 'if you don't try, you'll never know', that's why I always try to pick the cute guys. And my idea of cute is quite different from mainstream cute I reckon... most of my friends don't find the guys I call cute - cute... Maybe my definition of cute is a little skewed, nonetheless regardless of what 'type' of cute they are, I still get my rejections at the end of what was in my opinion a flirtatious courtship... I get the same feeling over and over again... PRS I call it, post rejection syndrome.The effect stings even more when the guy you were after replies your call by saying that he's busy with his new boyfriend and can't mee you... Ouch... Ouch... When will I start becoming numb to the feeling of rejection?

Signing out.

4 comments:

  1. why let it get to you.. dont care about other people.. just keep looking.. dont take it as a rejection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Tuls... I give that same piece of advice to my friends whenever they need it... but trying to convince myself to do the same is a lot harder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't treat it as dating, treat it as seeing new friends :)

    Helix

    ReplyDelete
  4. First impression (attitude and outlooks) count my friend! :) Don't easily give up k?

    ReplyDelete

Findings