Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Half Your Age Plus Seven

Today I went out to have dinner with Takeshi and Evann, both which I consider friends that also happen to be bloggers :) remember not blogger friends, but friends which happen to be bloggers… or as Takeshi so insistently says GAY bloggers. Anyway, dinner was at the Curve, sorta to kick start Takeshi’s big week. Woohoo… Another of our friend Julien also came for the dinner, he isn’t a blogger… but… maybe with some convincing he’ll start one soon :P

Well, there came a topic of how young a guy will you date, hence the title. Half your age plus seven, we sorta came up with a winning formula (mostly inspired by Evann though) that should dictate if the guy you are dating will be suitable for you. Okay let’s see how it works... I recently turned twenty-three, so half my age plus seven would be eighteen-and-a-half. Well… to be honest, I don’t really think this is a winning formula… its not gonna win any noble prizes in my world…

Okay but then again I guess I’m a lil bias, coz I recently had a crush on a seventeen year old. Let me repeat that’s a CRUSH, which is totally different from liking, and even further away from falling in love with. So yea, it was only a crush and I’m over it now. But then again, Taylor Lautner is only seventeen right? So I guess I still have a crush on a seventeen year old :) Omg, he is soo freaking hawt!!!

Anyway I can already hear all the judging in the background… I can even hear some of you shouting “pedo! pedo!”, so before you judge me, I’m no pedophile… the legal sexual consent age in Malaysia is 16… I checked (according to Wiki) and besides, it was just a crush, simple as that, nothing more. And he doesn’t at all act like he is seventeen.




These boys are obviously above seventeen... but they look younger or around there...

So anyway, according to Half your ages plus seven (HYAPS), I should not even think about dating this seventeen year old until he is twenty. That’s three years from now, meaning I would be twenty-six, so half of that plus seven is twenty… exactly his age. Err… so… is he like a fruit or something? He won’t be ripe for me till he is twenty… but he will be ripe for someone twenty (HYAPS = seventeen) Wait a minute this doesn’t make sense… So if I can date him in three years time, and since seventeen is already over the age of consent, why cant I date him now?

Another thing that possibly breaks this formula is… the rule of compatibility. Okay let’s see, I’m compatible with a twenty year old guy, since he is older than my HYAPS of eighteen-and-a-half, but I’m in-compatible with the seventeen year old. However the seventeen year old will be compatible with the twenty years old because the twenty year old’s HYAPS is seventeen. So… I bet you see where this is going. If I’m compatible with the twenty year old, I should also be compatible with the seventeen year old right? Maybe… but then again… a straight guy can hook up with a straight girl… and the straight girl can hook up with another straight guy… but the two guys cant hook up with each other… not unless they are batting for our team :)



Haha, anyway, its up to you guys to judge if it’s a winning formula for you… any of you guys who have violated the HYAPS rule and dated guys younger than you? Did it work out? Did it last long? I wouldn’t know the answer to that question, coz I didn’t officially date a guy below my HYAPS age.

Signing out.

3 comments:

  1. Evann and his formulas! lolz
    Funny how cupid strikes at odd places. hehe
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks takeshi!

    Haha, ur rite ant... Sometimes it ain't in our control...

    ReplyDelete

Findings