Monday, January 18, 2010

The Naming of My Chariot





I can be rather sheepish sometimes... If others do something I feel is cool, I'd follow suit as well :) Recently I got to know a guy, he's really nice and we've sorta been exchanging messages a bit. Anyway, he named his car Damien, coz he said he thinks the name is hot and would really like to date a guy called Damien, lol I almost considered changing my name there and then :p just kidding.

Anyway I thought, whoa, that’s cool to name your car... So I decided to name my car as well. It is usually very normal for straight guys to give female names to their car and treat them like their de-facto 'other' wife. So I reckon its okay to name my car too, but obviously he'll be a guy... I sifted through a list of names... And decided that the one person a really want is the werewolfie from twilight. I fell in love with his character ever since reading the books, and after watching New Moon, the latest movie of the twilight saga, I was totally hooked. Let me put it this way, without the werewolfie in New Moon, I'd have given the movie a rating of 0.5/10 but with him in it... I give 9/10 :) Edward sux btw... (sorry Ed fans... But Jake is way hotter)





Anyway, because of that I was debating between naming him Jacob or Taylor... I finally decided on Jacob, coz I fell in love with the character even before I saw the ripped version of Taylor Lautner. So hence forth my lil grey chevy will be bestowed upon the great name of Jacob. His interior is brown by the way, and that totally suits the colour of Jacob's fur... Coz its brown in colour too.

Lil Jacob looks exactly like this...

Since we're on the topic of cars... Which for gay guys isn't very often, I thought I'd share with everyone something new I learned about cars this week. What happened was that I noticed in the open air car park where I park during my internship, lots of people put their wipers up when they park. And so I wondered to myself, why did they do that? In order to satisfy my curiosity, I asked my colleagues why people leave their wipers up when parked... And I got the weirdest answer... Lol. Some of them are of the opinion the the wind screen gets very hot during the day under the scorching Malaysian sun, so by lifting the wipers up, you are actually protecting the rubber piece at the bottom of the wiper. I'm not sure how true this is... But apparently a lot of Malaysians do that here, maybe I've been away for too long...



But haha now I've learned something new. However, I am a bit skeptical on whether this method really protects the wind screen wipers, or is it just a myth? *picks up the phone and dials 1800-myth-busters* lol. So, since I'm not sure how true this wiper fact is... I'm not going to use it on Jacob until I've fully validified its authenticity.

Signing out.

2 comments:

  1. logically, wipers are made of soft rubber, which wear and tear causes it to loose its elasticity and in the end, ERECT.. err. i mean harden.. faster than its lifespan..

    so lifting the wiper away from the windscreen helps to extend the wiper's lifespan.. If you are too lazy to lift it, get a wiper clip which u clip on the wipers, and when u leave ur car, just flick the clip and it will life the wiper off from the windscreen by an inch (or so)..

    a good pair of wiper blades can cost you RM100... like those uber high quality ones.. dont get RM20 blades from giant or something lar.. those are cheapskates.. gone in months..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just takes one person to start a trend. Monkey see, monkey do!

    ReplyDelete

Findings