Saturday, August 29, 2009

Are You Applying For PR ?

Are you applying for PR?

The most frequent question I get is are you staying back in Australia after your education? Are you gonna find a job here? Are you planning to apply PR and stay here? I don’t freaking know the answer to all those questions… My education is still a long way away, and honestly I haven’t given it much thought yet.



I mean realistically there are a lot of things to think about right? First and foremost all of my family members and a lot of my friends are back home in Malaysia, so that is surely a huge motivator to make me wanna go back home. And in terms of family, I really have to be back home to take care of my parents, since I’m the oldest son in the family. Despite my parents having enough resources to take care of themselves… as long as dad doesn’t suddenly decide he wants to drive a Ferrari, that doesn’t mean it gives me a passport to leave home entirely.



I mean sure, monetary wise my parents won’t starve if I’m not at home, but at their old age, I think what they need most is emotional support, right? They may be able to support themselves monetarily, but where are they gonna find the emotional support? They have been there for me for a huge part of my early life, and I think I should be with them too as much as I can. I am starting to fully appreciate the things that I do have in life, instead of only lamenting the lost after its too late. Liking The Things We Can't Have


But then the parents will also be another factor that will make me wanna stay here, away from home. Because my parents are sooo sooo sooo controlling and strict. Okay they aren’t overly strict, like if I wanted to stay out late, its fine… but the whole next day, I’d be listening to my mom telling me how dangerous it is to stay out late at night…
“Bangsar nowadays very dangerous you know, at Chillis also can get robbed, blah blah blah…”
“Hartamas also very dangerous, remember a few years back the guy got killed, blah blah blah…”
“Nowadays the mat rempit very rampant you know, blah blah blah…”
The whole conversation usually ends with them asking me why do I want to stay out so late?



I guess if I was given the chance to be back in Malaysia but move out from home... have my own place, then surely I would seriously consider going back. And maybe I can go back for dinner 4-5 times a night, but still have my very own place... Yea! The best of both worlds.

Yup, I’d be much more inclined to go home if that was the case :) Well, I have so much more thoughts on this topic… and I guess I’ll be posting it over a few posts.

Signing out, for now.

2 comments:

  1. I know how u feel. My parents are also the same type.If I come back late or even going out for yamcha,they will ask 1000001 questions.

    Moving out is the best solution to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup yup, i mean... moving out but coming back home to visit often is also accomplishing my responsibilities as a son rite? :)

    ReplyDelete

Findings