Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Battery Mystery

When I was in Malaysia during my vacation break, I noticed one small fact about my handphone… and that was the fact that it was never able to be fully charged. I know, weird right? But the truth is, no matter how long I charge the phone, the VERY last bar of battery cannot be achieved. Now that I’m back in Australia, I notice that not only my phone can be fully charged, but the charging time is also much faster. What’s the deal with this huh?



The grass is always greener on the other side… blah blah blah… But seriously, you mean we cant even fully charge our batteries now? It wasn’t a voltage problem, because Malaysia and Australia have the same voltage, 240V at 50 Hz. After some Googling on the web, I found that another Singaporean girl had the same problem as me, so I guess its not an isolated Malaysia problem, phew!!! Anyway, she even went through the extra step and find that she could fully charge the battery if she swapped her Singaporean sim with her Aussie sim card. Weird right?

Unsatisfied with her little sim card experiment, I went and looked up the manual book for the nokia phone, guess what I found? The battery has to be kept at temperatures of between 15oC and 25oC, in order for it to be in ideal working conditions! But… some people can have their phones charged fully… why? Malaysia’s weather varies from 23 oC to 32 oC … so should I buy a thermometer and put it next to my phone? Then I’ll know exactly when the best time is to charge it?



I like to think of it another way though, maybe I’m just too hot, so when I’m around the handphone, it just doesn’t charge properly :) Gosh I can already hear the jeers and boos from the readers, LoL.

Anyway, so what’s the real reason behind my phone not being able to be fully charge back home… Is it a mechanics with the sim card? Or is it my phone’s problem? Or is it a temperature related problem? To all you telecommunication engineers out there… If your nice and gay and single and available, oh and know the answer to my problem… contact me :)

Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Findings