Monday, February 1, 2010

Neither Here Nor There




“So like how long are you gonna be here again…?”
“three months”
“oh I see… cool”
*prospective guy loses interested in me…*

Sigh, that is the typical conversation that starts and ends whenever I meet potential new guys. You see… because of my education… I’m neither here nor there… out of the twelve months, I’m usually in Malaysia for the first two months… then back to aussieland for four months of first semester… then back to Malaysia a month for winter break… then again back to aussieland for four months of second semester… then back to Malaysia again for the first month of summer break (rinse and repeat after that). That means that I’m in Malaysia for four months, and in aussieland for eight months.

Jan -My
Feb -My
Mar -Au
Apr -Au
May -Au
Jun -Au
Jul -My
Aug -Au
Sep -Au
Oct -Au
Nov -Au
Dec -My


Well, you may ask why do I travel back and forth and not just stay in aussieland till the end of year summer break… that potentially means I will be in aussieland for nine months straight, and not break it up with a one month break in between back in Malaysia. Well, you must understand that I’m the single child of the family… (I will personally twist your nuts off if you even dare to mention anything remotely close to the sentence ‘soooo lucky!’… seriously) so… that’s why I have to come back to Malaysia to spend time with my parents. So family mostly explains why I travel back and forth so much.




Okay so what is the post about? It’s basically me ranting about not being able to get a stable longtermie coz I’m never in one place for more than four months. I mean, honestly I wouldn’t wanna date myself… Being separated for months in between is really hard to handle… so… does this mean I’m implying that I cannot be loyal to my luved one in a long distance relationship (LDR), which is not it… I believe I can be loyal… but being human… I may be able to control myself… but I certainly can’t control my other half right? Not half way across the world (eight hours flight… if you were wondering about the distance between Kuala Lumpur and Melbourne).





Sigh, I feel that by not staying in one place for a long enough time really hinders my selling point as a eligible bachelor… guys usually shy away the moment they know that I will not be around for months at end. And like I said, I don’t blame them. So the only ones I attract are the ones interested in one night stands… I may do that… sometimes (not admitting to it… just may) but that is really not my cup of tea… I may not believe in a lifetime relationship… but I still do believe in a committed relationship, and certainly one that involves commitment lasting longer that a single night.

So one more year for me this year… assuming I don’t fail anything… then I’ll graduate in December and can finally decide where I’m gonna stay put. Whether it be aussieland… or the land that is truly Asia. Then… and maybe then… I can finally find someone that will date me long term. Until then… its just me, myself and I…
(I know that last sentence was emo… but I do feel that way sometimes)

Signing out.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, don't be so emo! The right one is on his way, and he's coming as fast as he can. You just have to be patient enough to stay there and wait for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, those people that get turned off so easily are really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the right one will come when the moment is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes takeshi! i still have u :)

    thanks evann... i guess i'll continue to wait... as i always have been...

    i know, but i cant blame them bbear... as i said... even i wudnt wanna date myself if im never at one place long.

    thanks leu... heres to hoping that moment isnt too long into the future...

    ReplyDelete

Findings