Monday, September 14, 2009

Ego... One Of The Many Roots Of Stupidity

I think I just let my ego get the better of me Saturday night… I went out for dinner and some drinks with some gay friends Saturday night, which was fun :) Anyway, there was this one guy (lets call him K) which I didn’t really fancy who came along as well. I don’t like K one bit because he is too up himself. He is an Asian that wasn’t born in Aussieland, but lived here most of his life … He thinks he is better than all the other people, he thinks he is very hot, he thinks he is very funny… well basically you get the idea, he thinks he is on top of the world. And I hate people like that, I mean, I like a guy with confidence, but he is just way too stucked up… he’s one of those guys that thinks the world revolves around him… Which luckily for all the love of the world, it doesn’t.

I hope you get the idea now that I don’t like this dude at all, but recently he’s broken up with his boyfriend, so he’s hanging out with us more and more. After dinner we headed to this gay bar for drinks, that was where meet one of K’s friend, Y. Y was a pretty nice dude, had a cute English accent, and a very cute face. And I sorta liked him quite a bit, and after talking to him for a while, I thought he was much friendlier than his friend K. Well Y even joined us dancing at another gay club, which we adjourned to after drinks.

Anyway, I had this debate going on in my head the whole night on whether or not I should ask Y out. But in the end, as I said, I let my ego got the better of me. I wanted nothing at all to do with K, and so I also felt that it was inappropriate that I asked one of his friends out.

Now thinking back, I think I was a bit dumb… and way too egoistic. I’m not usually egoistic like that, but around K, I always try to put up a strong front to boost up my ego. I guess some people brings out the worse in us, and K is that person. Its just that, I’m a bit of a pessimist… and if Y rejects me, or just plays around with me… then K will get all these juicy stories about me from his friend… and the last thing I want is to show my weaker side to K.

So… I turned down an opportunity to get to know Y better, all because of K… Haha, I think I dislike him more now than ever, even though its more my own doing than his. I’ve decided, if I do see Y again, I’ll definitely ask him out :)

Signing out.

2 comments:

  1. I foretelling your future posts will include your sexy adventures with Y! Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, simon... i dont really know what the future holds for me... but maybe :)

    ReplyDelete

Findings